Of all of the things that you could refurbish in your bathroom, the bathtub certainly stands out prominently. However, there’s only a certain amount of things that you can do so it will still match the remainder of your bathroom.
Why You Should Resurface Your Bathtub
There are certain things that you can do with your bathtub, especially if you notice the following:
- Off-color smudges
It is fortunate that you can easily refinish a bathtub using what is called Bathtub Refinishing or Reglazing.
Bathtub Replacement or Refinishing
Most people worry about the cost if they are thinking about replacing or refinishing the bathtub. The average cost of doing so can be up to $3000. There are several things that you will need to do such as relocate plumbing, the length of time that it will take to do the entire project, and how you will upset your entire family’s routine that you need to consider.
- Problems that you may encounter include:
- The wood dust from wall joints that will get into the air
- The realignment of the top
- The noise that will occur while you are doing this
- How long it will take to not only do the job but potentially relocate certain things in your bathroom.
- Excess materials that must be taken out and disposed of
- An inability to use the tub until it is done which could take up to a week.
The Many Advantages To Reglazing Your Tub
There are several advantages to doing this if you are thinking about replacing your bathtub.
This will include:
- Completing your work in just a few hours
- Keeping your bathtub in the same place while you do the remodeling
- Changing the color of your bathroom walls to match the bathtub once it is done
- Refurbishing is much cheaper than replacing one
- This will allow you to use it within 24 Hours
- Refinishing may actually allow you to use it for up to 15 years
- You don’t have to worry about tub liners, primarily because there will be no water in between the wall and the tub while you are doing the refinishing project
- This can work with odd-shaped locations, corners, and also alcoves.
The Refinishing Process
If you are going to use a technician that can do this for you, this might be the best decision because of how long this will last. The entire process will take someone who has the skills to do this so that potential problems can be avoided. Many of these problems include loud noises, going in and out of your home, hammering, and also taking out the debris. You may also experience problems when you are tearing out walls or removing the existing flooring.
Once it is done, your technician, who will employ the latest techniques and can safely do this work, will do the following:
- Wear protective equipment including a respirator
- They will properly vent the entire bathroom
- They can use HCl which can help remove the caulk that is on the floor. This is a very toxic and dangerous material that will easily remove the porcelain glaze, and also edge surfaces, which will ensure that the new finish will stick.
- They will mask services that surround the tub including the floor in the walls
- They will remove all of the HCl
- They will use a fan in order to dry the tub out
- If done properly, they will also use two coats of the fast-drying primer epoxy to complete the project
- Once dried, dust particles and debris will be removed efficiently
- They may add a total of three total coats of acrylic polyurethane finishing spray
- The job will be finished in about four hours
- While they are doing this, anyone in the home will not be subjected to loud noises, fumes, or anything else that could be potentially dangerous.
How To Contact A Reputable Company
If you’re going to do this type of work, it is essential that you are working with a bathtub refinishing contractor that has built up a solid reputation and is well established. By doing so, you will not have to worry about whether or not your possessions are safe while these people are there, plus they will be courteous at all times.
This type of company will:
- Be insured, bonded and certified
- Be willing to show conclusive before and after results once the project is completed
- They will have highly trained employees working for them
- These professionals will explain the entire process to you
Service providers like this will come to your home, provide you with a cost estimate, and will do so for free before they get started.